Sunday, March 02, 2008

A thought for Lent 4

It's been a busy week. This week, I have:
–Preached a sermon in chapel
–Rowed bumps
–Cut my chin open falling off my bike
–Been to two black tie dinners
–Been offered a place at UEA for next year
–Seen Selwyn The Musical (aka Alice)
–and even, done a bit of work!

And just this evening, got news of some more friends getting married!!
And it's mothering Sunday…
so…
here are today's thoughts:

It is a thing most wonderful,
Almost too wonderful to be,
That God's own Son should come from heaven,
And die to save a child like me.
(W Walsham How)
---

The God of Love my Shepherd is,
And he that doth me feed;
While he is mine and I am his,
What can I want or need?

Perverse and foolish oft I strayed,
but yet in love he sought me,
And on his shoulder gently laid,
And home, rejoicing, brought me.

Surely thy sweet and wondrous love
Shall measure all my days;
And as it never shall remove
So neither shall my praise.

(ps 23, paraphrased by George Herbert and HW Baker)

No comments: